Sunday, December 9, 2007

Homemade Christmas



Field of Soy Candles

Yesterday was yet another new project. Tammy and I went for it and made soy candles.

Wicks, wick clips, jars, soy wax flakes, pots, ladle, shot glass, scale, and scents; all new to us. Didn't have anything to guide the wick and clip to attach at bottom of the jar. So, I took and cut plumbing tubing so each wick could be threaded. Odd, but it worked.

Most of the time Mariah played a new computer game 'Diner Dash' and Kelly watched Forest Gump. But when it came time to get organized and apply labels they were our helpers. Even Mariah made a label for her candles.


What fun to try something new and hanging out with loved ones. And we were pretty creative with our scented candle names: Morning Brew (cappuccino), Spittin Seeds (cucumber melon), Flower Power (lilac) and so on.

Can't wait to make more and share with family and friends.

Next project is baking pfferneuse cookies.

Here comes the homemade Christmas gifts...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got back from Carribian and I cannot beleive you have time for this.Molly,Molly ,Molly, did you ever do my update. Love you soooooo! much. Squeak

Molly said...

Welcome back Squeak. I have sent your update.

We just got back from Las Vegas on Sunday, Dec. 16.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter