Monday, November 29, 2010

No Milk, No Eggs? No Problem Pancakes

I want that blue ribbon maple syrup but don't have eggs and milk for pancakes. What to do?
Those darn carb cravings. I really wanted pancakes with yummy Caribou Cream maple syrup but fridge had no eggs or milk.

What I like to do best is making something without the standard components. Let's see what can be done with what is on hand.

I remember my mom often using apple cider vinegar to make the pancakes more sour than sweet. So, I thought I would use up the leftover Thanksgiving apple cider.

Here's what I had and used:

1 1/4 c flour
1 T sugar
1T baking powder
1T vegetable oil
1/2 c apple cider
3/4 c water

Mix all ingredients gently together. Don't over mix.

Let the batter sit a bit until you see the little bubbles.
To get 6 - 4" pancakes I used a 1/2 c measuring cup to scoop each cake.







Add vegetable oil and butter to the pan and heat. Scoop batter and pour into pan. Wait for those little bubbles again before flipping.


These were good size pancakes.








So good I couldn't wait to eat one. Those are crumbs from the first pancake. Yummm.




It tasted even better with the local cider and syrup.






No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter