Sunday, August 24, 2008

My DNC Trip - Sunday, August 24, 2008

Well I am here and have already met a few attendees from the media. The long shuttle ride from the airport yesterday evening was full of media and me. Well there was one older couple and a friend getting dropped off at their homes. They were bored with our conversations. Media folk were:

Boston Phoenix, David Bernstein - here's his blog: http://thephoenix.com/Blogs/TalkingPolitics/
Hopefully the wireless Internet will work for him

Christian Science Monitor (didn't catch her name): http://www.csmonitor.com/

A blogger from France (he's an American living in France). Wow, his trip over had them above Greenland looking down at the glaciers.

And a media logistics woman staying up in highland Denver perhaps on friend's floor.

Well, it is time to get ready and head downtown. This will be my first light rail ride in Colorado. The D Line from Englewood station should bring me right to the convention center then I will walk to the operations command center. - wish me luck

_____________________________________-


Here's an article about Qwest's preparations:

Associated Press
Techs plan smooth communications at Dem convention By CATHERINE TSAI 08.22.08, 5:20 PM ET
DENVER -

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter